Friday, April 8, 2011

Pride vs. Humility

Pride is so easy to spot in someone else; even when they are acting humble. Why can't I see it in myself? Over and over Jesus reminds us to love others, prefer others, speak and act with love and peace in our hearts. If Jesus is my Lord and Savior, I will want to do everything that he tells me to do, trusting that His guidance is perfect for every situation. So here is the "rub": I am my sweet wonderful self and suddenly a very rude person enters my space. This person delivers false accusations and threats. "Wow,I say to myself, I don't deserve this treatment." Doesn't matter that I know exactly how to respond or walk away. What matters is that,in my heart, I am saying ,"this person is a jerk ........" Matt. 7:1-2 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measure to you. You might be saying that this is unfair. I was just treated unfairly. Yes, you were and so was Jesus. He died so that you and I could become like Him and have a life above our circumstances forever. Humility is the character of Jesus that allows Him to live in that place of love and not justice. It is the way of the cross. It is also the way of the resurrection. Think about it. I love you, Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment